genre: Role Play Simulation game
educational purpose: To engage young people in exploring and discussing issues underlying violent extremism.
target audience: 6 to 11 year olds + 12 to 18 year olds (there are 2 versions)
H&H taxonomy class: Social Awareness (Environment, Freedom, Violence, Economic Behaviors, Social Responsibility), Interpersonal Skills (Empathy, Conflict Management, Influence Skills, Leadership and Motivation Skills, Negotiation, Multicultural Sensitivity), Personal Skills (Problem Solving, Making Decisions, Adaptation to Changes, Strategic Thinking)
release date: 2010
platform: Web (PC, MAC, Linux)
Issues explored within Choices & Voices Secondary ( Keystage 3 & 4 suitable for 12 to 18 year olds) include :
- Peer pressure and the seductive powers of adventure, commaraderie and secrecy;
- Social exclusion, isolation and the effects of not fitting in;
- Bullying, humiliation and exposure to violence;
- Feelings of underachievement and the need for purpose and respect;
- Challenging policy through concerted action;
- Urban myths and misunderstandings.