VBS3: The Future Virtual Battlespace
The US Army has chosen VBS3 to be the flagship of their five-year Games for Training program. VBS3 is the culmination of ten years’ experience delivering advanced simulation technologies to military organizations all over the world, and offers significant capability enhancements.
The US Army will use VBS3 to build training solutions across their classroom, part-task trainer and full simulation environments. VBS3 will enable the US Army to rehearse large scale maneuvers over greater terrain distances, and will provide a much more immersive experience with the capability to support many more human entities and AI avatars.
- A redesigned, cleaner, and simpler user interface
- Support for larger multi-map terrains (over 2000km by 2000km), including high-detail insets
- Improved network performance, allowing for increased number of clients and AI entities
- Improved procedural and multi-map terrain rendering
- Support for high-fidelity graphics
- Improved support for the maritime environment, including large and high-detail ships
- Improved physics via PhysX by Nvidia middleware
- Reworked animation system for increased realism
- Improved after-action review (AAR) capability, including AAR editing
- Robust and proven HLA and DIS interoperability
- Integrated digital chalkboard for military overlays in both 2D and 3D
See more details and updates at: